The procedures for getting supply are as follows.
Register your laboratory
and your liquid nitrogen vessels
. This may take more than a week. Supply procedures are as follows.
- Read the Internal rules for using the liquid helium and liquid nitrogen(Japanese) and the User Instruction (Cryogens)(Japanese).
- Prepare liquid nitrogen vessels of your laboratory.
- The capacity is not less than 10L and should not exceed 120L. Vessels made of glass are not acceptable.
- Confirm your local delivery and retrieve place closest to your laboratory.
- The vessel is delivered exclusively to the registered Delivery / Retrieve Place.
- We register one Delivery / Retrieve Place for each vessel.
- Regular re-inspection is required for self-pressurized cryogen vessels. We can not supply the vessels which expire re-inspection period.
- Submit an application for liquid nitrogen using laboratory.
- Download application (excel / pdf format Japanese).
- Attach a brochure of the vessels which describe an exterior view and specification.
- After confirmation of your application, CRC send you a notification of “registration completion”, sticker indicating vessel registration No. and sticker indicating “Delivery / Retrieve Place”. Put those stickers to an appropriate position of your vessels.
- Payment of liquid nitrogen expense is settled by transfer across the divisions.
The High Pressure Gas Safety Act necessitates inspection of self-pressurizing vessels for liquid nitrogen.
Check and confirm the stamped month/year of the previous inspection on the production plate.
If the vessels require inspection, proceed with the inspection.
Filling of the vessels overdue for inspection with liquid nitrogen is prohibited.
Consult Liquefaction Division of the Cryogenic Research Center or your local supplier to proceed with the inspection.
For more detail please see the followings.
Ref. Inspection of self-pressurizing liquid nitrogen vessels
We want to get liquid nitrogen supply with new vessels.
Submit an Application for liquid nitrogen using laboratory (Japanese).
CRC will proceed an additional registration and send you sticker indicating vessel registration No. and sticker indicating “Delivery / Retrieve Place”.
The Sticker has been peeled off or damaged
Send an e-mail to teion-info[at]crc.u-tokyo.ac.jp. CRC reissue the labels and send them to you.
Registered information need to be changed (Representative user, division, department or laboratory and so on).
Submit an Application for Registration of Liquid Nitrogen Using Laboratory (Japanese) to the Cryogenic Research Center.
Registration of laboratory needs to be deleted.
Send an e-mail message to teion-info[at]crc.u-tokyo.ac.jp. The vessel should be disposed on the responsibility of your laboratory.
liquid nitrogen vessel needs to be scrapped. (has been scrapped)
Send an e-mail message to teion-info[at]crc.u-tokyo.ac.jp.
We always intend to keep closer contact to the cryogen users to improve our service. We are looking forward to hear your demands, requests and claims as well. We will either take immediate action or examine to appropriate the budget depending on the cases. Please feel free to express your idea about new service, new equipment and so on.